Parish of Our Lady of the Forsaken of Torrassa
Total decoration of the octagonal temple. Monumental work: the frescoes that illustrate its entire interior, the life-size sculptural images, the paintings, the domes and the stained glass windows constitute an impressive work where the viewer is wrapped in symbolic compositions enjoying a visual delight.
The work was carried out over a period of 20 years and in 1982 some of the frescoes deteriorated due to humidity, the passage of time and the wax of the candles, I retouched them and they were restored with the collaboration of my son, who was an important support for me.
- Dome: It has eight spaces in the shape of a cross, whose decoration in tempera represents the four Evangelists interspersing Marian themes. In its center the dome represents the "Agnus Dei".
- Four walls of 64 square meters painted in fresco, present four large altars dedicated to Saint Joseph, the Virgen del Carmen, Saint Anthony and the Resurrection of Christ. All the altars have their sculptural image.
- Decorative painting of the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament: coffered ceiling, arches, central wall behind the altar depicting the theme of the Holy Supper (fresco), in a semicircular surface (base 570 cm.), and on the side walls six stained-glass windows with Eucharistic themes.
- Chapel of La Purísima: On the central wall, themes of the Popes of the Proclamation of the Immaculate Conception, on the side walls The Annunciation and The Ascension. In the vault, representations of Marian themes and in the stained glass windows, themes of devotions to the Virgin, from different places.
- Baptistery, Main theme: Baptism of Jesus, (fresco). Vault: Themes with attributes and symbols of the Baptism, on walls and stained glass windows (mixed technique). The arches surrounding the four walls are decorated with angels bearing attributes corresponding to each theme.
- Images: life-size polychrome carvings, Sacred Heart, St. Joseph, St. Jude Thaddeus, St. Viator, St. Therese and St. Joaquina de Vedruna.
- Stations of the Cross: encaustic paintings (100 x 0.80 cm.).